NIV Celebrate Recovery Study Bible
Find freedom from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits!
If you long to break free from life’s hurts, hang-ups, and habits, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible is a powerful and positive ally. It’s based on eight recovery principles found in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and on the underlying Christ-centered twelve steps of the proven Celebrate Recovery program.
The NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible lifts you up and shows you how to walk, step by attainable step, on a path of healing and liberty. Based on the proven and successful Celebrate Recovery program developed by John Baker and Rick Warren, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible offers hope, encouragement, and—through developing a relationship with Jesus Christ—empowerment to rise above your hurts, hang-ups, and habits. With features based on eight principles Jesus voiced in his Sermon on the Mount, this insightful Bible is for anyone struggling with the circumstances of their lives and the habits they are trying to control.
“I’m excited you’re beginning the journey to recovery. Your life will change. You’ll experience freedom from your sinful habits, hang-ups, and hurts as you give up control and allow Jesus to be Lord in every area of your life.”
From the foreword by Dr. Rick Warren, senior pastor, Saddleback Church.
“Throughout the pages of Scripture, we see God’s heart for celebrating recovery! This collection will help you experience and celebrate that journey, one step at a time. Jump in and see how recovery and spiritual growth are one and the same.”
Dr. Henry Cloud, Christian psychologist, author, and speaker
The New International Version (NIV) is the world’s most popular modern-English Bible. Its goal is to reproduce, as closely as possible, the reading experience of the original audience, providing the optimum combination of transparency to the original documents and clear communication of their original meaning.
• Full text of the world’s most popular modern English Bible—the New International Version (NIV) 2011 edition.
• Articles explain eight recovery principles and accompanying Christ-centered twelve steps
• Over 110 lessons unpack eight recovery principles in practical terms
• Recovery stories offer encouragement and hope
• 30 days of devotional readings
• Over 50 full-page biblical character studies are tied to stories from real-life people who have found peace and help with their own hurts, hang-ups and habits
• Book introductions
• Topical index
• Elegant drop-down navigation drawer slides into view when you need it helping you stay focused on Bible text.
• Find Scripture references quickly and easily with predictive search or by quick-touch book, chapter, verse.
• Convenient Content and Note drawers stay out of the way yet are close at hand when needed.
• Synchronized view of Bible text and study notes.
• Notes allow you to capture thoughts for specific passages.
• Highlighting allows you to easily emphasize passages.
• Copy-and-paste multiple verses quickly and easily.
• Bookmark your favorite passages for future reference or make your own personal studies.
• Powerful folder system allows you to organize notes and bookmarks.
• Cross references by tapping and holding on underlined words in the NIV text.
• Convenient back button (iPad) let’s you navigate back. Tap-and-hold bottom navigation button to go back using iPhone and iPod Touch.
• Easily email notes to yourself, family and friends.
• Share on Twitter and Facebook.
• Optional red letter Words of Christ.
• Adjustable font sizing.
• Optimized for iPad and iPhone. Buy once and use on both devices.
Plus, leverage the Mode Switcher to get deep into the Bible with Study Mode, or focus on the text in Reading Mode. It’s your choice. Page turns are animated in Reading Mode with icons appearing where additional content is available.